- 2 apples
- ¾ cup frozen cranberries
- rice syrup, Xylitol or pear concentrate
- squeeze lemon juice (optional)
- few sultanas or currants (optional)
- 25 grams margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced ).
- Grease a shallow heatproof dish with a little extra margarine or butter.
- Core apples using a corer or teaspoon and place in prepared dish.
- Combine cranberries, sultanas and sweetener (the amount you use will depend on sweetness desired).
- Fill the apple cavities with the mixture, spoon any extra mixture around the apples. Dot with butter/margarine and bake for approx 25 minutes until cooked. Stand for 5 minutes.
- To serve ladle extra cranberries and juice over the top. Serve with custard or yoghurt of choice.