- 12 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1x 1cm piece ginger finely sliced
- ¼ teaspooon peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 litres water
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Stevia to taste
- Using a large saucepan combine water and spices.
- Bring to the boil reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Strain through a fine strainer return liquid to pan.
- Add black tea, slowly bring back to the boil reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk of choice and Stevia to taste. Serve.
To sweeten I moisten an end of a skewer with water, dip the end into the Stevia quickly and add to the drink.