- 6 egg whites
- 125 grams Xylitol
- 300 grams pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 300 grams natural almonds, roughly chopped
- 300 grams sugar free chocolate or carob chocolate broken into pieces
- Sugar free ice cream to serve
- Heat oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 28cm spring form cake tin.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, gradually add Xylitol and continue to whisk until dissolved.
- Process dates in a food processor and pulse, add almonds and pulse until they break down a little. Add chocolate and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Transfer to a large bowl and gently fold in the beaten egg whites adding a little at a time. Spoon into cake tin and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until firm on the outer edge (it should be still moist NOT wet in the centre).
- Cool in the pan
- Cut into thin slices and serve with ice cream.