- 1 ½ cups plain G.F. flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup xylitol
- 1 cup roughly chopped dates
- 125 grams butter
- ¼ cup cold lemon and ginger tea
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin (10cm x 21cm) with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in xylitol and walnuts.
- Place butter, tea and dates in a small saucepan over low heat, stir until butter melts.
- Pour butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine, then mix in eggs.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in tin for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack.
Really yummy sliced and served warm with butter, but also keeps for morning tea the next day!