You don’t need a fancy bread making machine to make great gluten free bread. The following recipe takes no more than 5 minutes preparation time and up to 30 minutes baking. I have people who eat normal bread lining up for a slice of this bread!
- 1 x 500gm sachet Laucke Easy Bakers Special White Instant Oven Bread Mix (there are 2 x 500gm sachets inside each packet for around $5.50).
- 380ml water (I add 400ml because I also add chia and flax seeds to the mix).
- Anything you fancy (I put in 1 – 2 large tablespoons of chia and flax seeds to add some omega 3, I also add some sunflower seeds as well. Just a small sprinkle).
- Pour water into mixing bowl.
- Add sachet of bread mix.
- Add whatever ingredients you wish to add eg flax/chia seeds/sunflower seeds.
- Beat for a couple of minutes.
- Line your desired pan (eg, loaf, large oven dish for foccaccia style) with baking paper.
- Add the mix.
- You can let it sit in a warm place for 20 minutes and then bake it, or just put it straight into the oven and bake for around 20 – 30 minutes depending on your chosen pan (eg, if you choose a wide baking tray then 20 – 25 minutes is all you need, and if you choose a deeper dish, such as a bread tin, it may take 30 minutes.
- Check to see if a metal skewer comes out cleanly from the middle if you are unsure.
- Remove from baking paper and cool on a wire rack.
Note: You will find this bread mix in the Naytura section of Woolworths or the Health Food section of Coles for around $5.50.