- 4 fish fillets (eg ling or gemfish)
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 6 Kaffiir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 long chilli finely chopped (optional)
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Place fish in a baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, cover and marinate for about 1 hour.
- Heat and grease the grill or barbeque with oil, or pan fry.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked and tender.