- 1 tablespoon of oil of choice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (not essential but adds flavour)
- 4 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (Kumara is best)
- 6 cups water
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high, sauté onion, garlic and curry powder if using for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add sweet potato and cook stirring for a minute. Pour over water. Season to taste I like to add a little pepper.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer covered for about 15 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Reserve a few pieces of the sweet potato then puree the remaining mixture.
- Reheat the soup stirring in the chunks.