- 3 cups milk of choice
- ⅔ cups Arborio rice
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup rice syrup
- 30 grams pine nuts, toasted
- 30 grams pistachio nuts
- 30 grams macadamia nuts, chopped
- 30 grams sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 170°c.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan till nearly boiling. Add the rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally for about 30 mins until the rice is soft and creamy. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs with rice syrup if mixture is not sweet enough add ¼ teaspoon Stevia.
- Add pine nuts, pistachios, macadamias and sultanas.
- Add vanilla, lemon rind and softened butter.
- Place cake in a floured and greased 25 cm cake tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Cool a little before turning out of tin.
This will keep well in refrigerator if well sealed for up to a week.