- 500grams lean minced beef
- ½ cup flour of choice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablepoons red curry paste
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, mint or coriander to garnish
- Shape mince into balls about 2.5 cms round. Roll in flour shaking off the excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok and fry meat balls until brown shaking the pan to brown the balls evenly. Remove and drain on paper to absorb excess fat.
- Add the remaining oil to wok, stir fry curry paste for a minute or so to stop sticking.
- Add coconut milk, stir, then add the fish sauce and peanut butter. Taste to see if more fish sauce is required.
- Add the meat balls to sauce and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped leaves and serve with boiled rice.