ITALIAN POTATO PIZZA
- New Potatoes; finely sliced ideally with a mandolin of food processor, then parboiled for five minutes
- 150 grams Parmesan, grated
- Leaves from a few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread the ricotta evenly over the pizza base, seasoning with salt and pepper and then layer on the finely sliced, parboiled potatoes. If there are enough to make a couple of layers, make sure to drizzle some olive oil in between each layer.
- Once the potatoes are used up, sprinkle on the lemon zest, rosemary, Parmesan and finish with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper again, being liberal with the pepper.
- This pizza should be baked in a medium oven; gas mark 6 or about 200 degrees until the potatoes are cooked through. Most pizzas are a bit quicker to cook in a hot oven but this needs a longer, slower baking to ensure that the potatoes cook yet not enough to burn the dough. This balance is why the potatoes need to be sliced so finely to start with. The pizza usually takes about half an hour but check after twenty minutes and also give it a bit longer if needed.